2007年8月31日星期五

mystery is still mystery

I will go out for a while. I hope I can finish constructing the desired mutants and plasmids before my depature.

I discussed with someone who works about T4 phages. He said that he knows only the injection mechanism about phage infection. Actually, people do not know much about the mechanism about phage infection process as well. He said that the inner membrane receptor has not be found in T4 infection. In addition, porins found to be the receptor of phages does not function as a channel through which phage DNA pass through. Phages use their special ways to circumvent the outer membrane. We also talked about something about porins. He gave me two suggestions: 1. extracting the outer membrane proteins and doing the pull down experiment to see which outer membrane proteins interact with DNA 2. predict outer membrane proteins and screen the candidates by some special programs. Both ways are highly risky and chance is not high. The story about this type of transformation is still a mystery.

没有评论: